Can you cook the perfect steak in an air fryer? Oh yes! You can also make crisp sweet potato fries at the same time without the mess (especially if you’re using the new two-drawer VersaZone from Instant Brands – it’s a single and dual air fryer in one!).
Keen to win one? Enter here.
You will need
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into fries
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper
2 sirloin steaks
Salsa (tomatoes, onions sliced and diced)
Pesto Princess Chimichurri
1. Place the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, salt and black pepper.
2. Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Rub each steak with olive oil on each side, and a generous pinch of salt.
3. Pop in your fries to drawer one and set to 180°C (‘Roast’ mode) for 25 minutes (toss half way).
4. Set the second drawer to Air Fry at 200°C for 10 to 14 minutes (10 minutes for medium-rare, 12 minutes for medium and 14 minutes for medium-well). Place your steak in the air fryer basket and start cooking. Turn your steak after 6 minutes.
5. Push SyncFinish so the two drawers cook and finish at the same time.
6. If using a single drawer air fryer, start the sweet potato fries first, at 180°C, and after 10 minutes, add your steak. Raise the temperature to 200°C to cook for an additional 10 to 14 minutes. Remove the sweet potatoes once cooked to continue the steak cooking if you prefer medium or medium well.
7. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow to rest before slicing thinly.
To assemble, plate the fries and top with thinly sliced steak. Dollop Pesto Princess Chimichurri on top along with your favourite toppings like salsa, guacamole, coriander, sliced jalapeños and sour cream. A squeeze of lime juice and you’re ready to tuck in.