What’s so brilliant about the latest VersaZone model is that it’s a single and dual air fryer in one. In this recipe, we used the two-drawers for minimal fuss, minimal mess and the most flavour! Plus, you can sync the finish so that everything is ready at the same time when you need it.
Perfect roast chicken, coming right up!
You will need
Pesto Princess Harissa Paste
Chopped roast vegetables (+- 3 cm pieces) – peppers, butternut, courgette, onion all work well.
1 fresh chicken (+- 1.6kg), free-range if possible
Salt & pepper
1. Mix 3 heaped tablespoons of Harissa Paste with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Pour over your vegetables and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Make another batch of Harissa Paste and olive oil marinade. Brush onto the chicken.
3. If using the VersaZone, push the centre button twice to select Dual drawers. Add the roast chicken to drawer 1 and set to Roast at 200°C for 50 minutes (turn half way). Add the veggies to drawer 2 and set to Air Fry at 190°C for 30 minutes (toss half way). Push the SyncFinish button.
4. If using another air fryer, first cook the roast chicken at 200°C for 30 minutes, then turn it. Add veggies to the same basket and set to another 20 minutes.
5. Allow the roast chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then carve and serve with the veggies alongside.