We’re obsessed with the new Air Fryer from Instant Brands – the Instant Vortex® VersaZone!
To test out the extra-large cooking drawer, we made the most delicious fresh tomato and basil pesto homemade pizza! If you have a small-drawer Air Fryer or want to use store-bought pizza dough, this recipe will work perfectly, too.
The ultimate crispy crust at the touch of a button – it’s magic!
You will need
For the dough
1 tsp instant or active dry yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
⅓ cup olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
For the toppings
¾ cup Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ red onion, finely sliced
3 Tbsp Pesto Princess Basil Pesto
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup basil, chopped
1. To prepare the pizza dough, sprinkle the yeast over 1½ cups of warm (not lukewarm) water. Let it stand for a few minutes.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Turn the mixer on low speed and drizzle in the oil until combined with the flour. Next, pour in the yeast mixture and mix until just combined and the dough comes together in a sticky mass.
3. Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat the dough in the oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set aside for at least 1 hour at room temperature. You can also store it in the fridge until you need it, up to 4 days ahead. Bring the refrigerated dough to room temperature before using.
TOP TIP The dough is best made at least 24 hours in advance.
4. Preheat the air fryer to 180°C. Spray the Air Fryer tray with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Roll out the pizza dough to fit your Air Fryer basket. Carefully transfer it to the Air Fryer and cook for 5 minutes. Pre-cooking the crust will give you a crispy crust without overcooking the toppings.
6. Remove the pizza base from the Air Fryer. Spoon on Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Cooking Sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Add the halved tomatoes and red onion, then season with salt and pepper.
7. Place the pizza back into the Air Fryer and cook for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
Mix two tablespoons of Pesto Princess Basil Pesto with your olive oil, and drizzle over the cooked pizza. Top with fresh basil and serve.