Our mission? To get you excited about summer cooking! This potato bake is a family favourite and it’s perfect to serve alongside a braai.
Do yourself a favour: screenshot this recipe now.
Summer, is that really you?
1kg potatoes, peeled and sliced into 5mm slices (or thereabouts!)
1 onion, peeled and finely diced
1 Tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp Pesto Princess Basil & Chilli Pesto
300g cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Place the sliced potatoes into a large roasting tray.
3. Add the finely chopped onions & garlic, season with salt and pepper and mix together well.
4. Combine the cream and pesto and pour over the sliced potatoes.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven, cover with grated cheese and pop under the grill until golden and crispy.
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.