Planning a weekend getaway, an epic camping trip or just want those holiday vibes at home? You need the Braaibroodjie Jaffle with Red Pesto.
Light a fire, butter the bread, grate some cheese & slice that tomato. Sit back and let the jaffle iron work its retro magic. Expect golden, cheesy, sweet ‘n smokey deliciousness to dunk in our zesty and spicy Chimichurri sauce.
Here’s to good looking camp fire cooking 😉
± 4 Tbsp butter
10 large slices of white bread
1 red onion, sliced into rings
5 Tbsp Pesto Princess Red Pepper Pesto
⅓ cup mayonnaise
200g Cheddar cheese, grated
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
Pesto Princess Chimichurri
1. Butter the bread on one side only.
2. Place a red onion ring onto the jaffle iron and then one slice of bread, buttered side down.
3. Spread a dollop of Pesto Princess Red Pepper Pesto and mayonnaise onto this slice.
4. Layer on the grated cheese and top with tomato slices. Season to taste.
5. Cover all the goodies with the other slice of bread, buttered side facing up, and close the jaffle iron. Trim ends, if you are that way inclined 🙂
6. Braai over medium to hot braai coals. Serve with Pesto Princess Chimichurri.
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.