The item at the top of my wishlist right now? The Instant Pot Duo Crisp™ + Air Fryer.
Why? Because it’s everything you need in the kitchen in one super smart appliance. And I mean everything: it pressure cooks, slow cooks, air fries, bakes, grills, roasts and even dehydrates – all while using minimal oil and locking in nutrients and flavour.
We put the new Instant Pot Duo Crisp™ + Air Fryer to the test with the easiest veggie lasagne recipe and WOW, it did not disappoint.
Keen to win an Instant Pot Duo Crisp™ + Air Fryer? Head this way.
Sending good luck charms 😉
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 carrots, finely diced
1 large yellow pepper, chopped
2 medium baby marrows, chopped
250g mushrooms, chopped
1 sachet Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup
Salt and pepper, to taste
250g lasagne sheets, broken into thirds
1 cup ricotta
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups baby spinach
150g cheddar cheese, grated
Pesto Princess Basil Pesto, to serve
1. Select ‘Sauté’, press ‘Start’, and heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3–5 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, pepper, baby marrows and mushrooms and cook for 5–7
minutes until slightly softened.
3. Pour in the Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup along with 2 cups of water, season with salt and pepper and make sure to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
4. Layer the broken lasagne sheets into the sauce, in all directions, making sure the pasta is mostly covered in liquid (add small amounts of liquid until the pasta is all covered).
5. Place the lid onto the pot and lock (be sure the valve is set to ‘Seal’).
6. Cook under high pressure for 5 minutes. It will take about 12 minutes to come up to pressure.
7. While the pasta is cooking, prepare the cheese topping. Combine the ricotta with the grated Parmesan and the baby spinach.
8. When the cook time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure.
9. Dollop the ricotta mixture over the lasagne and sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over this.
10. Place the Instant Pot Air Fryer lid on, set to ‘Broil/Grill’ at 200°C for 10–12 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt and crisp up.
Garnish with Pesto Princess Basil Pesto and serve.
Notes on cooking without an Instant Pot:
Preheat the oven to 170°C. Follow steps 1–4 above (cooking all veg stove-top in a heavy-based, oven-proof pot) before cooking in the oven for approximately 30–40 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven, top with the ricotta mixture and grated cheddar cheese and return to the oven until melted and crispy.
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.