Have you tried our Chermoula Paste yet? If not, you are in for a treat.
This Moroccan-inspired fresh spicy-chilli-herby paste is ideal for pairing with any seafood, chicken or roast veg. With golden turmeric notes, it could change the way you cook, especially if you’re after a quick weeknight meal that’s packed with flavour!
Give this recipe for Chermoula Chicken with Corn & Avo Salsa a try and let us know how you get on 😉
With love from the Palace
2 cups couscous
2 cups vegetable stock
2 Tbsp Pesto Princess Basil Pesto
500 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup white flour, seasoned with salt & pepper
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Pesto Princess Chermoula Paste
Fresh basil and lemon (optional, to serve)
For the salsa
1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
2 ears fresh corn, cooked
1 large avocado, peeled and finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
200 g baby tomatoes, washed and chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Begin by preparing the couscous: pour hot stock over the couscous in a medium sized bowl, cover with cling film and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Whilst the couscous is soaking, prepare the salsa by combining the drained beans, corn, avocado, chopped basil, tomatoes and lemon juice. Season to taste and set aside.
3. Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally and flatten using a meat roller or rolling pin. Dust the chicken breasts in seasoned flour.
4. Heat the butter and oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the Pesto Princess Chermoula Paste and mix using a wooden spoon until it bubbles gently. Fry the chicken for a few minutes on each side, until cooked through and golden.
5. Add the Pesto Princess Basil Pesto to the couscous mix and serve with the chicken, salsa, some fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon.
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.