Our goal is to bring you recipes that save you head space and time like this quick and easy Basil & Lemon Pesto Pasta.
Change-up the veggies depending on what you have on hand – all you really need is a jar of green goodness in the form of our Pesto Princess pesto!
Love pesto pasta as much as we do? Please tag us in your foodie snaps!
750g baby marrows
1 cup frozen peas
¼ cup butter
1 small onion, peeled and sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste (we love Oryx Desert Salt).
Juice and zest from one lemon
3 to 4 tsp Pesto Princess Basil & Lemon Pesto
500g fresh tagliatelle (spaghetti or any pasta you have on hand will work!)
100g feta cheese, crumbled
Fresh basil to serve (optional)
1. Use a spiraliser or potato peeler to create long thin strips of baby marrow. Keep the baby marrow strips and frozen peas in a colander.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, melt the butter over low heat in a large pan, until lightly browned. Add the garlic and onions and cook until translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice and Pesto Princess Basil & Lemon Pesto and stir to combine.
4. Cook the pasta according to instructions and once ready, drain over the colander containing the veggies to warm them. Reserve one cup of pasta water. Pour the pasta and veggies into the pan with the onion & garlic.
5. Add a touch of reserved pasta water if needed and toss to coat evenly over a low heat.
Serve with crumbled feta cheese, fresh basil and lemon zest.
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.