Regional Sales Manager
About Pesto Princess Foods
Pesto Princess manufactures fresh, preservative-free pesto sauces, pastes and soups sold through retail chains and food distributors nationwide. The business is located in a truly beautiful and well-manicured business park in the South Peninsula in Cape Town, five minutes from the beach and bustling surf spots.
As head of the Sales Department, you will be responsible for the management of the sales team, retail and food services. You will report to the CEO. Working hours are from 8h00–17h00 Monday to Friday, with possible overtime or weekend work when there are marketing activities, sales initiatives, financial year-end and budgeting. This position will suit a target-driven Sales Manager who has an environmental consciousness and a foodie flare.
- All regional targets both retail and food services, implemented through your sales team
- Sourcing new leads and targeting prospective clients and contributing to the sales pipeline
- Networking with FMCG and foodie professionals
- Attending sales events
- Meeting monthly targets
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating business contracts according to current budget
- Analysing market and customer information (Skynamo)
- Representing the brand at trade exhibitions and events
- Close liaison with NPD and marketing
- Forecasting volume and value targets by product in conjunction with annual budget
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Managing of business-to-business online interfaces relating to the sales department
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practices with colleagues.
Skills & Experience
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Proven sales track record in FMCG or food services
- Experience managing effective customer relationships
- Valid driver’s licence and own, reliable vehicle
- Exceptional customer care and problem-solving skills
- Superb written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organised with a remarkable attention to detail
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, working under pressure and managing your time
- Driven and self-motivated to succeed at any task
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Related marketing/sales qualification or 4–5 years relevant experience
Salary & Benefits
- Market related salary
- Car allowance
- Cellphone allowance
- Business Petrol allowance
Pesto Princess is evolving into a world-class company. We have identified caring as being the key ingredient on this journey. If you care about the customer, care about producing excellent work, care about the impact the business has on the environment, then this position is for you. Since we will also be caring for you, be prepared to do the extraordinary, and have your talents developed.
Apply for this Job
Please send your one page letter of motivation, as well as your CV to Caitlin at email@example.com. It would be helpful for us to know your salary expectations, so please include those in your letter. If your application is successful, you will be contacted telephonically by 9 September 2019.