About Pesto Princess Foods
Pesto Princess manufactures fresh, preservative – free pesto sauces sold through retail chains and food distributors nationwide. The business is located in a truly beautiful and well-manicured business park in the South Peninsula in Cape Town, 5 minutes from the beach and bustling surf spots.
As part of the Operations Department, your role will be to ensure that our products are produced in accordance with high quality and food safety standards. You will be responsible for the management of new product development and relevant administration of the quality and food safety management system including resolving any potential non-compliance issues as well as improving food safety and quality systems and processes. You will report to the Operations Manager, assisting with additional administrative duties of the production process as required. Working hours are from 8h00 to 17h00 Monday to Friday, with possible overtime at busy periods when production time is extended.
- Manage new product development processes
- Manage relevant laboratory and analytical testing of new product development
- Create product and raw material specifications
- Create certificate of analysis of our products
- Liaise with possible new suppliers to support our quality and food safety management system
- Conduct internal and external audits
- Manage relevant internal and external non-conformances
- Conduct trials to modify existing products or processes
- Maintain and improve relevant procedures
- Update electronic records
- Support quality and food safety management system activities according to HACCP
Skills & Experience
- You have a National Diploma in Food Technology
- You have 2 years’ experience in the food industry
- You have knowledge of MS office and Pastel
- Your written and verbal communication is superb
- You embrace food safety as a culture, not just a system
- You work equally well individually or as part of a team
- You are mature and have high levels of emotional intelligence
- You are passionate about a green culture
- You pay attention to detail and are meticulous
- You care and have integrity
Salary & Benefits
- Annual salary of R144 000 – R180 000, dependent on experience and skill
- Company provident fund
Pesto Princess is evolving into a world-class company. We have identified caring as being the key ingredient on this journey. If you care about the customer, care about producing excellent work, care about the impact the business has on the environment, then this position is for you. Since we will also be caring for you, be prepared to do the extraordinary, and have your talents developed.
Apply for this Job
Please send your one page letter of motivation, as well as your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be helpful for us to know your salary expectations, so please include those in your letter of motivation.