This dish is as delicious as it is beautiful! Try our fool-proof recipe for homemade flatbread and top it with what you have on hand (use our ingredients list as an inspiration but feel free to shake it up!).
Slice and serve warm with a gold glass of De Grendel Koetshuis Sauvignon Blanc.
You will need
For the flatbread
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp olive oil
1–2 large zucchinis, sliced
3 patti pans, sliced
1 rosa tomato, sliced
2–3 asparagus spears
1 Tbsp olive oil
A handful of rocket
1 tsp flakey salt
Pesto Princess Basil Pesto for topping
1. To make the flatbread, add the yeast, sugar and water into a bowl and set aside until it becomes frothy.
2. Add the rest of the flatbread ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until it is combined.
3. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes. Divide into 2 parts and roll out into large thin circles.
4. In a cast iron pan over medium to high heat cook the flatbread until it starts to brown and then flip over and cook the other side.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
6. Place the flatbread on a baking tray. Spread with Pesto Princess Basil Pesto and then layer the sliced vegetables on top. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20–25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
7. Top with some flakey salt, more pesto and fresh rocket.
Slice and serve with a glass of De Grendel Koetshuis Sauvignon Blanc.