If you feel like you’re hobbling to the finish line this year, then you might need this: a fuss-free riff on the classic Melanzane Parmigiana.
Made using our ready-to-roll Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Sauce, it works brilliantly for a family supper or served to guests.
With you all the way to those winning posts
P.S. Looking for a Pesto Princess stockist near you (or online)? Head this way.
4 medium aubergines
Salt & pepper to taste
1 jar Pesto Princess Basil Pesto
1 tub Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Sauce
200 g soft mozzarella
100 g Klein River Grana, grated (or you can use any medium to strong hard cheese).
1. Grease a roasting tray with olive oil and preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Slice the aubergines in half length ways, and place in the roasting dish, cut side up.
3. Spread Pesto Princess Basil Pesto over each half, season with salt and pepper and top with Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Sauce, shredded mozzarella and grated Grana.
4. Bake in the oven for approximately 35 minutes, until soft and tender, golden and gooey. A knife should be able to pierce the flesh very easily! Cooking times will vary according to the size of the aubergines so adjust accordingly.
5. Serve with lashings of Basil Pesto or fresh basil as needed 😉
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.