A few months ago, we asked which soup you’d love us to add to our range and many of you gave a chunky vegetable soup the thumbs up, so we set to work.
Ta-daa! Introducing our latest addition, Hearty Vegetable Soup 😉
It’s filling, delicious & nutritious. Like the rest of the soup range, it’s 100% plant-based, gluten and preservative-free – all while tasting fantastic! Besides, it’s comfort food nirvana when served with this oozy, Toasted Cheese with a Crown! (Thanks to the legendary Jamie Oliver for the inspiration.)
Will you make it? Please tag #pestoprincess so that we can see!
Take extra special care of yourselves
2 Tbsp butter, softened
4 thick slices of bread
3 cups grated Cheddar cheese (use 1 and ½ per toastie)
2 Tbsp Pesto Princess Basil Pesto
Pesto Princess Hearty Vegetable Soup
Makes 2 toasties
1. Butter the sliced bread on both sides. On one side, spread Pesto Princess Basil Pesto and then pile a handful (about ½ cup) of cheese onto this pesto-buttered side. Place the other slice on top so that you have a sandwich.
2. Heat a frying pan to medium heat and fry the sandwich on each side until toasted and golden brown (about two to three minutes a side).
3. Remove the toastie from the pan and set aside. Sprinkle one cup of grated cheese directly into the frying pan and cook for about a minute to create a rough circle which will become the ‘crown’.
4. Place the toastie in the centre of the melted cheese circle such that it sticks, and let things bubble for a few seconds.
5. Using an egg-lifter, take the toastie, complete with crown, out of the pan and hold mid air for a little while – this will allow the cheese to crisp up so that the crown stands firm.
Flip over and serve with our Pesto Princess Hearty Vegetable Soup.
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.