We’re blown away and super grateful for your support of our new range of fresh Cooking Sauces!
Made with fragrant whole spices, our Pesto Princess Cape Malay Curry Sauce is ready-to-use and will make a pot of homemade curry for four hungry people.
And remember, there are no rules. You can use the sauce just as you wish with any protein and veggies you choose since it’s plant-based.
Simmer & serve!
600–800 g free-range stewing lamb, cubed
1 tub Pesto Princess Cape Malay Curry Sauce
4–6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup frozen peas (optional)
For the cucumber raita
½ cucumber, finely grated
100 ml yoghurt
10 g mint
10 g coriander
For the quick tomato and onion salad
2 tomatoes, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
Small handful coriander, washed and finely chopped
1 Tbsp chutney
1. Drizzle vegetable oil into the bottom of a heavy-based casserole dish (with a lid). Fry the lamb pieces, until brown.
2. Add approximately ½ cup of water to the pot, put on the lid and braise gently for a few minutes.
3. Pour over the tub of Pesto Princess Cape Malay Curry Sauce plus 1 cup of water and add the potatoes. Cook until the lamb and potatoes are tender.
4. Add peas and cook for 2–3 minutes.
5. For the cucumber raita, simply combine all ingredients. Same applies for the quick tomato and onion salad.
6. Serve with basmati rice, cucumber raita, tomato and onion salad and chutney.
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.