We’re all about bringing you the heartiest, most wholesome meals with no fuss, no preservatives, and no nasties!
In this recipe for Easy Chicken Enchiladas, we used our new bulk, family-size 1.2kg sachet of Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup and we promise you, it’s a winner! Keen to stay plant-based? Skip the chicken and add stir-fried veggies and black beans.
Please keep your support for our soup range coming! For every soup sold, we donate a nourishing meal to someone in need via the incredible Ladles of Love.
When you make it, please tag #pestoprincess so that we can see!
Stay warm. Stay healthy. Stay strong.
For the shredded chicken:
6 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper (we ordered ours from Fenshams).
3 cloves garlic, peeled
For enchilada sauce:
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp chilli powder or fresh chilli (to taste)
1 tsp ground cumin
½ Tbsp dried or fresh oregano
1.2 kg Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup
Salt and pepper to taste
8 flour tortillas
6 cups grated cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pickled red onions
Serves 4 to 6
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a large roasting tray or oven-proof casserole.
2. For super tender shredded chicken, place the seasoned chicken breasts in a large pot along with the onion and garlic cloves, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for approximately 15 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool for 5 minutes before shredding with a fork.
3. To make the enchilada sauce, heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the chopped onions and garlic and fry until golden. Add the chilli, cumin, oregano and the Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup. Cook for between five and seven minutes, until hot and fragrant.
4. In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, one cup of enchilada sauce and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Assemble the enchiladas by spreading each tortilla evenly with the shredded chicken mixture and a generous sprinkling (± ¼ cup) of grated cheese. Roll the tortillas up tightly and place in a large baking dish seam side down.
5. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas, top with the remaining grated cheese, and bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve immediately and garnish as you like!
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.