About Pesto Princess Foods
Pesto Princess manufactures fresh, preservative-free convenience foods sold through retail chains and food distributors nationwide. The business is located in a truly beautiful and well-manicured business park in the South Peninsula in Cape Town.
You are the custodian of the food safety and quality management system. You will ensure that our products are produced in accordance with high quality and food safety standards. All non-conformances will be resolved by you. We will look to you to improve food safety and quality systems and processes. You will work closely with NPD and will manage a technical team of two food technologists. Working hours are from 7h30 to 16h30 Monday to Friday, with possible overtime at busy periods when production time is extended.
- Manage, monitor, update and report adherence on the food safety and quality management systems.
- Manage all day-to-day technical aspects of operation with a hands-on approach.
- Champion and execute regular hands-on training to ensure the facility adheres to the highest possible food safety and quality standards.
- Upskill staff to instill and maintain an excellent food safety and quality culture.
- Improve or modify existing processes.
- Manage and mentor a team of two technical staff.
- You have a qualification in Food Technology or equivalent with a minimum of five years’ technical experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- You pay attention to detail and are systematic, meticulous, action-focused and good at problem solving.
- You have strong leadership skills and communicate well.
- You are a hands-on, people’s person with a strong relationship building ability and are able to influence others in a positive manner enabling buy in with regards to best practice, improvements and commitment to standards, policy and procedures.
- You embrace food safety as a culture, not just a system.
- You have high levels of emotional intelligence, able to work with individuals and teams, at all levels.
- You are passionate about environmental sustainability.
- You care and have integrity.
Pesto Princess is evolving into a world-class company. We have identified caring as being the key ingredient on this journey. If you care about the customer, care about producing excellent work, care about the impact the business has on the environment, then this position is for you. Since we will also be caring for you, be prepared to do the extraordinary, and have your talents developed.
Apply for this Job
Please send your one page letter of motivation, as well as your CV to email@example.com. It would be helpful for us to know your salary expectation, so please include that in your letter of motivation.