Pesto Princess wishes to employ an experienced production manager, who is responsible for manufacturing fresh product of exceptional quality, using their knowledge of the Food Safety Management System. The weekly production plan is generated & implemented by this manager. They are supported by a team of 2 supervisors and 45 line workers in executing this plan with minimal interruptions. The majority of the work happens on the factory floor, the balance being office-based. Working hours are from 7h00 to 16h30 Monday to Friday, with possible overtime or weekend shifts during busy periods.
Pesto Princess is based in Capricorn Business Park, Muizenberg, Cape Town.
Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks
- Generate & manage the production master plan, ensuring product always meets the quality standards.
- Liaise daily with the Sales & Technical teams to keep them informed of any changes to the plan, due to raw material shortages or understaffing.
- Understand the Food Safety Management System as it relates to production and ensure that food safety & quality culture is the top priority for the team.
- Create the production budget and once approved, manage all expenses.
- Manage the maintenance of production-related machinery, equipment and the facility by liaising with the relevant service providers.
- Manage the daily, weekly and monthly stocktakes on the factory floor.
- Data capture finished goods into Sage Evolution.
- Manage employee conduct according to the company Code of Conduct.
- Maintain accurate traceability throughout the production process.
- Daily targets to be set and clear instructions given to the team.
- Ensure compliance with all food safety regulations, allergen control and housekeeping standards.
- Manage and mentor a team of 2 supervisors and 45 line workers, identifying talent, managing performance and creating a harmonious working environment for all.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- You have a BSc/BTech/National Diploma in Food Science/Technology, or similar qualification.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- You’re competent in Excel, Word and Sage Evolution or similar system
- You’re an experienced manager and an empowered leader, capable of motivating & inspiring a diverse production team.
- You’ve worked in a first-class manufacturing environment and the challenge of taking an existing facility to the next level inspires you.
- You’re able to work in a fast paced, high-pressured environment, while still paying close attention to details.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Your ability to follow instructions & procedures is essential.
- You’re a creative problem-solver and can think on your feet.
- You’re passionate about environmental sustainability.
- You care and have integrity.
Pesto Princess is rapidly evolving. We have identified caring as being the key ingredient on this journey. If you care about the customer, care about producing excellent work, care about the impact the business has on the environment, then this position is for you. Since we will also be caring for you, be prepared to do the extraordinary, and have your talents developed.
Apply for this Job
Please send your one-page letter of motivation, as well as your CV to email@example.com. It would be helpful for us to know your salary expectation, so please include that in your letter of motivation.