About Pesto Princess Foods
Pesto Princess manufactures fresh, preservative-free pesto sauces, dips, plant-based soups & sauces sold through retailers and food distributors nationwide. The business is located in a beautiful and well-manicured business park in the South Peninsula in Cape Town.
As part of the Operations Department, your primary focus is to assist the Production Manager with all production-related tasks including the manufacture of our fresh, preservative-free and top quality range of products, all to deadline.
- Manage production planning
- Work alongside the technical team to ensure that all quality standards are met
- Manage factory maintenance
- Data capture production statistics and file food safety documents
- Capture manufactured stock daily onto the system
- Assist with weekly and monthly stocktakes
- Assist in the preparation towards annual food safety audits
- Physically check remaining raw materials in production area before ordering
- Take contractors into the factory, and oversee the maintenance work
- Conduct follow up inspections after maintenance has been completed
- Provide administrative assistance as needed
- Check GMP/Hygiene
- Develop harmonious working relationships within the Operations team.
- You have a National Diploma in Production Management or Food Technology or relevant qualification
- You have 3 years’ supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment, perishable is preferred
- You are computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
- You have worked on systems such as SAP or Sage Evolution
- You are able to work Saturdays and shifts since Pesto Princess operates 6 days of the week. These shifts may at times be in the evenings so we’ll want to make sure you can travel home safely.
- Your diagnostic and analytical abilities are strong with superb attention to detail
- Drivers licence and own reliable vehicle is a must
- Your ability to teach, inspire and motivate people is exceptional
- You are a natural leader
- You are driven and self-motivated to succeed at any task
- You work equally well individually or as part of a team
- You are mature and have high levels of emotional intelligence
- You can meet deadlines, work under pressure and manage your time
Salary & Benefits
- Annual salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Company provident fund
Pesto Princess is fast evolving into a world-class company. We have identified caring as being the key ingredient on this journey. If you care about the customer, care about producing excellent work, care about the impact the business has on the environment, then this position is for you. Since we will also be caring for you, be prepared to do the extraordinary, and have your talents developed.
Apply for this Job
Please send a one page letter of motivation, as well as your full CV to email@example.com. It would be helpful for us to know your salary expectations, so please include those in your letter of motivation.
Closing date 07 August 2020. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to re-advertise should we not find a suitable candidate.