We can almost hear a collective sigh of relief that the long weekend is here!
Wherever you may be, we wish you time away from the daily hustle and a chance to cook, connect and recharge with those you love.
Here are some delicious Easter weekend recipe ideas that may inspire!
Brilliant Braai Recipes
We’re at a turning point in the seasons so if there’s sun, we’ll be lighting the braai. Here are some brilliant braai recipes, each with their own quirks.
- Braai’d Chermoula Aubergines
- Fire Roasted Peppers & Burrata Salad with Pesto Dressing
- Crispy & Golden Smashed Potatoes with Spicy Avo Dip
- Cauliflower skewers with Pesto Drizzle
- Chilli Poppers with Chimichurri
- Next Level Potjie Potatoes
- Grilled Braai Salad with a Dreamy Pesto Dressing & Crunchy Croutons
- Lamb Sosaties with Harissa Paste
Great Family Meals
Long weekends aren’t just about one meal. Here’s hoping it’s a chance to try a few new recipes, from homely classics to a simple soup served with homemade bread.
- Butter Chicken Pasta Bake
- No-Knead Pot Bread with Basil Pesto
- Quick & Easy Melanzane Parmigiana
- 10-Minute Butter Chicken Curry
- Roast Cauliflower Curry
- Perfect Basil Pesto Pasta
- Cheese & Pesto Toastie Roll-Ups
- Warm Butternut Salad with Goat’s Cheese & Chermoula Dressing
For something a little out of the ordinary and a feeling like you really are on holiday, even if you’re going no where, these fish favourites might just fit the bill.
- Coconut & Chermoula Fish Curry
- Hake with Harissa & Coconut Cream
- Kingklip with Basil & Lemon Pesto Butter
- Steamed Mussels with White Wine & Basil Pesto
Fool-proof Easter recipes? Tick. A ridiculously chocolatey dessert? Tick.
- Hot & Oozy Spanakopita Dip
- Stuffed Shoulder of Lamb with Harissa
- Roast Chimichurri Chicken
- Simple & Easy Greek Salad
- Two Great Recipes for Devilled Eggs
- Slow-cooked Lamb with Harissa
- Greek Beef Stifado
Photography, Recipes and Styling by Michelle Parkin.