What do you love cooking over the Easter weekend? For me, it’s a classic roast chicken or slow-cooked lamb stew, followed by something ridiculously chocolatey decorated with those delicious white Easter eggs.
But, I also love the opportunity to cook something new and fun; something that feels a little like therapy in the kitchen and that can even get the whole family involved. This weekend I’ll be making a mix of both (the old, and the new). Here you’ll find some of our favourite Easter weekend recipe ideas.
With love to you all
Brilliant Braai Recipes
We’re at a turning point in the seasons so if there’s sun, we’ll be lighting the braai. Here are some brilliant braai recipes, each with their own quirks.
- Cauliflower skewers with Pesto Drizzle
- Chilli Poppers with Chimichurri
- Next Level Potjie Potatoes
- Lamb Sosaties with Harissa Paste
Great Family Meals
Long weekend aren’t just about one meal. Here’s hoping it’s a chance to try a few new recipes, from homely classics to a simple soup served with homemade bread.
- No-Knead Pot Bread with Basil Pesto
- Quick & Easy Melanzane Parmigiana
- 10-Minute Butter Chicken Curry
- Roast Cauliflower Curry
For something a little out of the ordinary and a feeling like you really are on holiday, even if you’re going no where, these fish favourites might just fit the bill.
- Hake with Harissa & Coconut Cream
- Kingklip with Basil & Lemon Pesto Butter
- Steamed Mussels with White Wine & Basil Pesto
Fool-proof Easter recipes? Tick. A ridiculously chocolatey dessert? Tick.
- Stuffed Shoulder of Lamb with Harissa
- Roast Chimichurri Chicken
- Simple & Easy Greek Salad
- Two Great Recipes for Devilled Eggs
- Slow-cooked Lamb with Harissa
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownies by our friend, Di Bibby.