Ever tried blitzing broccoli to make a fresh, healthy and super quick pasta sauce? Now’s the time.
We’ve paired this power-house of flavour and health with one of our favourite local products, Three Streams Smoked Trout Ribbons which boasts Omega-3 fatty acids as well as vitamins B3, 6 and 12.
This meal ticks all the right boxes for us: healthy, wow-factor flavour, quick ‘n easy.
Try it this weekend 😉
You will need
1 head of broccoli, chopped finely
1 jar Pesto Princess Rocket Pesto
1 shallot or small onion, sliced thinly
1 lemon, zested and juiced
340 g tagliatelle or your favourite pasta
200 g Three Streams Smoked Trout Ribbons
Salt and black pepper
1. Blitz the broccoli, Pesto Princess Rocket Pesto and a few glugs of olive oil in a food processor until it has the texture of a thick, chunky pesto. Season to taste.
2. In a pan large enough to hold all the cooked pasta, sauté the onion in a glug of olive oil until soft. Add the lemon zest.
3. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until cooked but still a little firm. Drain and reserve about 4 tablespoons of the cooking water.
4. Place the hot pasta in the pan with the onion and lemon zest, and immediately top with the broccoli ‘pesto’ and lemon juice. Give it a good mix and add some of the reserved cooking water and olive oil to loosen the sauce if you think it needs it.
5. Top with ribbons of Three Streams Smoked Trout, Parmesan and black pepper.