This month we’re placing some of our ridiculously easy pasta recipes centre stage.
Enter the Butternut Pasta Bake with Crispy Bacon. The secret ingredient which pretty much takes care of the prep work for you is a sachet of our Pesto Princess Homestyle Butternut Soup.
Top with crispy bacon, feta and panko crumbs spiked with Pesto Princess Red Pesto and you’ve got a simple, satisfying meal for your nearest and dearest. We’re loving the gluten-free Happy Earth People Red Lentil Fusilli. Give them a try to amp up your plant protein intake in the most delicious of ways.
Take good care of yourselves until next time
1–2 sachets of Pesto Princess Homestyle Butternut Soup
125 g Happy Earth People Red Lentil Fusilli Pasta
200 g bacon
1 wheel of feta
2 handfuls of baby spinach
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
4 Tbsp Pesto Princess Red Pesto
1. Preheat the oven to 200⁰C.
2. Chop the bacon and fry until crispy. Remove from the pan, reserving the fat.
3. Toss the panko crumbs into the pan and fry until golden. Stir the Pesto Princess Red Pesto through and keep aside.
4. Cook your pasta according to package instructions, under-cooking it slightly as it will be baked off in the oven. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
5. Toss the cooked pasta with 1 sachet of Pesto Princess Homestyle Butternut Soup, the bacon, feta and baby spinach. Transfer to a baking dish and add a little more soup to make it saucy. (You won’t need the entire second sachet, so keep the balance for a quick lunch). Top with panko crumbs and bake for 10 minutes to warm through.