We’re inspired by plant-based eating. It’s here to stay and we’re cool with that since it challenges us to step away from our standard go-to meals and see veggies creatively.
Enter our bunless Giant Mushroom Veggie Burger, served with Pesto Princess Thai Pesto!
Trust us, it’s as epic as it looks.
With so much love
You will need
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp paprika
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp Pesto Princess Thai Pesto
4 vegetarian patties (you can use store-bought or make your own with this brilliant recipe).
4 giant mushrooms
1 tomato, sliced
Handful of rocket
Handful of micro greens
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the sweet potato into wedges and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes until cooked and crispy.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine the sour cream and Pesto Princess Thai Pesto. Season to taste. Set aside for assembly.
3. Heat a griddle pan on a high heat and brush the mushrooms with olive oil on both sides. Fry for 5–6 minutes on each side.
4. Turn the heat of the griddle pan down to medium and brush the vegetarian patties with olive oil on both sides. Fry the patties for 4–5 minutes per side or until golden.
5. To assemble: place the mushroom on a plate, then top with rocket, your veggie burger and delicious pesto sauce. Garnish with tomato slices, micro greens and serve with sweet potato wedges and extra pesto. Yum!
Feeds 4 people.
Food styling and photography by Michelle Parkin.
Food assistant: Lichelle May.