Hello to you all,
We always listen to our #LoyalRoyals and over the years we have heard your calls for Sundried Tomato Pesto! And so we are delighted to say that it is now available and ready for you to sweep off the shelves and take into your own kitchens.
It has taken a long time for us to develop and tweak this recipe as we have searched far and wide for the finest, deepest red sundried tomatoes we can get our hands on for their richness of colour, sweetness and flavour. As with all of the products at the Pesto Princess Palace, our aim has been to reawaken the tastebuds with simple, natural ingredients, used and cooked with the utmost care. We have sourced our ingredients from local farmers wherever we can and steered well clear of any favourants, colourants or preservatives.
What we have in our new Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto is one of our most versatile pestos yet. And today we would love to share our top 10 ideas for using this little pot of goodness. Enjoy!
With love from us all,
Our 10 delicious ideas for using our Sundried Tomato Pesto
1. Use it instead of tomato sauce as a base for a delicious pizza.
2. Add a jar to your next lasagna for a flavour boost. Have you tried this recipe for next level lasagna?
3. Serve alongside your favourite cheeses – it is especially good slathered on Camembert.
4. Thin with a little olive oil and marinade your meat in this zingy pesto before your next braai.
5. Mix vinegar, olive oil, chopped herbs and Sundried Tomato Pesto for the perfect salad dressing.
6. Use as a substitute for tomato paste in cottage pie, stews, meatballs, chilli con carne and more…. If you are a Banting fan, then we strongly advise you give this recipe for meatballs a try.
7. For a gourmet burger, top your patty with cheese and Sundried Tomato Pesto. And if you are a vegetarian, fear not, here is our delicious veggie burger recipe just waiting for you to try.
8. Spoon it into just-cooked pasta with lots of olive oil and shavings of Parmesan for a quick weeknight winner.
9. Generously spread it on toast and top with avo for a great lunchtime snack.
10. Make cheese scones with Sundried Tomato Pesto for kids lunch boxes.
Find this new pesto in the fridges of Pick n Pay, Checkers and Spar, as well as independent delis and good food stores. And most importantly, let us know how you get on! We would love to see the dishes it inspires in your kitchen.