Hello to you, our very own #RoyalFamily,
There has been much jubilation within the Palace walls this month with the launch of our brand new Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto! From stirring it through our pasta for lunch and spreading it on toast for a quick snack, to using it in lasagna, meatballs and the like… we have been cooking with it pretty much non-stop since it hit our shelves!
We have developed this recipe for savoury scones in the hope that they will be made with the help of little people and popped into lunchboxes all over the country. They are a great snack and go down particularly well with a hot cup of Earl Grey tea. Enjoy.
With love from the Palace,
You will need
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter (cold and cut into small cubes)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
⅔ cup milk
⅓ jar Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto
100g olives, depipped and roughly chopped
Grated cheese and butter to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and salt) into a food processor, add the cold butter and pulse until just combined.
3. Transfer the crumbly mixture to a large metal mixing bowl. Now add the cheese and milk and mix to combine. While it’s still crumbly, add the Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto and chopped olives. Gently knead the dough into a ball (the less you handle the dough, the better it will be).
4. On a well-floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1cm thick (you can make them thicker if you want taller scones!) and use a circular cookie cutter to cut out the scones.
5. Bake on a lined baking sheet for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with butter, grated cheese and a cup of tea! Or pop them into lunchboxes to be devoured at break time.