Planning your meals for the week ahead? Slot this one-pan wonder into the menu, and you’ll be WOWED by this flavour-packed dish prepared in just a couple of minutes.
Many #LoyalRoyals call our Pesto Princess Harissa Paste a ‘wonder’ ingredient and it’s dishes like this that remind us why
So much love to you all.
2 medium orange sweet potatoes, scrubbed
¼ cup olive oil
1 kg boneless chicken breasts (or your favourite cut)
1 Tbsp honey
4 cloves garlic, sliced finely
3 Tbsp Pesto Princess Harissa Paste
2 Tbsp Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto
Generous handful of rocket
1 tub Pesto Princess Hummus
Naan or flatbread, sliced cucumber, and black sesame seeds, to serve
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 210⁰C.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into rounds approximately 1cm thick. Toss in half of the olive oil and arrange them in a single layer in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Coat the chicken with the rest of the olive oil, honey, garlic, Pesto Princess Harissa Paste, the juice from one of the lemons and a pinch of salt. Let the chicken soak up the exotic flavours while the sweet potatoes get a head start in the oven.
4. After 20 minutes, remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and give them a turn. Add the chicken and one halved lemon to the roasting pan – so that everything sits snugly in an even layer. Spoon the marinade over the chicken and sweet potatoes and return to the oven for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is done. Check the pan after about 10 minutes and give everything a shuffle so that it cooks evenly.
5. Once cooked, toss the Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto and a little olive oil into the rocket. Scatter the fresh greens over the chicken in the pan.
6. Serve with Pesto Princess Hummus, flatbreads or naan and garnish with chopped cucumber and black sesame seeds.