If you, like me, are constantly on the search for great vegan (and super easy) recipes, then this one’s a keeper 😉
Use our Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup as a base (and rest easy knowing it’s 100% plant-based, with no preservatives, thickeners or colourants), and you’ll be serving up this piping hot dish of comfort in under an hour.
Plant-powered love to you all
You will need
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
1 bulb of garlic
500 g penne pasta
1 punnet brown mushrooms, sliced
2 sachets Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup
1 jar Pesto Princess Basil & Chilli Pesto
Handful fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ⁰C. Place the tomatoes and the bulb of garlic (leave it whole) in a baking tray. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and season well. Bake for 15–20 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and squeeze each clove of garlic from its papery casing. Mash them up roughly with a fork.
3. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
4. Fry the mushrooms in a splash of olive oil. Season well.
5. Add the cooked pasta, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, mashed garlic to a roasting tray (or casserole) and check the seasoning. Pour over the Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup. Spoon over half the jar of Pesto Princess Basil & Chilli Pesto and bake for 20 minutes just to heat through.
Decorate with sprigs of fresh basil and serve with pesto on the side.