If you’re lucky enough to have your Mum close by or visiting at this time of year, how about giving her breakfast in bed this Sunday?
You know what she likes best: her favourite read, to be left in peace, a heart-to-heart chat or a cuddle of appreciation
With love, admiration and the deepest respect for every Mum, Grandma, and Great Grandmama
You will need
2 Tbsp butter
4 large eggs
4 small corn or flour tortillas (you can also use the smallest wraps you can find)
1/4 cup white cheddar cheese
1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes
Fresh coriander to garnish, optional
Pesto Princess Chimichurri*
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a non-stick pan, fry the bacon until cooked but not too crispy. Set aside.
3. In a clean frying pan over medium to high heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Crack in the eggs and stir continuously to scramble, you have to work quickly here! Stir until the eggs are just cooked, then remove from the heat (the eggs will continue cooking, so be careful not to overcook them).
4. Arrange the tortillas on a large baking sheet. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and brush onto the tortillas. Divide the bacon between the four wraps and spoon the scrambled eggs into the middle of each, top with some grated cheese. Bake until the cheese starts to melt.
5. Transfer to a serving plate and top with avo, spring onion, tomatoes, fresh coriander and a generous dollop of Pesto Princess Chimichurri.
Serve hot with a strong cup of coffee and a whole lot of love.
Serves Mum and 3 family members.
Food styling and photography by Michelle Parkin.