You might have spotted the yellow ‘Buy One. Give One’ sticker in the top left-hand corner of each of our soup sachets. We are super proud that as a result of your support for our soups, Pesto Princess has been able to realise a dream: to donate a generous portion of the profit to Ladles of Love, an organisation which feeds homeless people and hungry learners in the greater Western Cape.
Have you ever thought of putting your own luxurious spin on our soups? How about pairing them with the ultimate croutons, homemade bread or these cheese straws laced with pesto and real Parmesan, which are so easy to rustle up. Find your soup fix in selected SPAR stores or Wellness Warehouse in the Western Cape.
With love from the soup-sipping Palace
You will need
250 g ‘All-Butter’ puff pastry, thawed
½ jar Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto
75 g cheddar
50 g Parmesan + 20 g for sprinkling
Sea salt flakes
1. Thaw the puff pastry in the fridge (this takes a few hours, so ideally do this overnight).
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Open the sheet of pastry, roll it out and spread your Pesto Princess Sundried Tomato Pesto on top.
3. Top with grated cheddar and Parmesan, reserving a bit of Parmesan to sprinkle on top of the cheese straws.
4. Cut the pastry into strips and twist before laying them down on a prepared baking sheet.
5. Top with the remaining Parmesan and bake for ± 15 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving with a warming bowl of Pesto Princess Fresh Tomato Soup.
Recipe and food styling by Michelle Parkin.